Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My First Review + A Recipe Worth Repeating

A couple weeks ago, a representative at CSN Stores contacted me, asking if I would be interested in reviewing a product from any of their 200+ websites on my blog. Being so new to blogging, I was a little surprised that they had contacted me, but of course I was excited about the opportunity!

After extensive browsing of the baking products on their site, I decided on a set of two Calphalon jelly roll pans. I actually chose these pans because the website said they were 13x18 inches, which is the size of a half-sheet pan--something I had been wanting to add to my collection of bakeware. It turned out that the pans are actually 12x17 inches, but they are so versatile that I'm sure I will still get plenty of use out of them. I guess I will just have to keep that half-sheet pan on my Christmas list!


Of course, I had to try these pans out in order to review them, so I decided to make a batch of the Sugar Cookie Bars I posted about back in September. When I started this blog, I told myself that I would make something brand new every week, but these bars were too delicious to resist making a second time.

The recipe calls for using a half-sheet pan, so last time I ended up using two 9x13-inch pans. This time, I used just one of my new jelly roll pans, and the bars came out perfectly! The pans have a good weight to them without being too heavy, and I had no problem with the bars sticking. I'm sure that these pans will be perfect for the pumpkin roll I am planning to bake this Christmas. In the meantime, I'm going to break them in with cookies, brownies, and maybe even a few more sugar cookie bars!

FTC Disclaimer: I received this product for free from csnstores.com; however, all opinions stated above are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment