Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best of The Nonpareil Baker 2011

Statement of the obvious fact that 2011 is over.

Sentimental musings about what a great year it was and how quickly it passed (e.g., "It seems like just yesterday I was making Valentine's Day cookies!"), followed by a clich├ęd statement about my hopes for the new year. Ardent declaration of my new year's resolution(s) and/or why I'm not making any new year's resolutions.

Generic statement of my wish that the new year brings you happiness / prosperity / health / love / success / self-actualization.

Possible played-out joke about "seeing you next year."


...Alllright. Are we good with that? Can we move on to the most-viewed list now?

Because I can totally throw in some Auld Lang Syne lyrics if you want me to. I'll even italicize them.

No? Juuust checking.



I had planned to make a separate list of my personal favorite recipes from the past year, but it turned out that several of them made the top ten. I knew I liked you guys!

Listed below (in no particular order) are six recipes that didn't quite make the cut, but absolutely could not be left out:



And now if you'll excuse me, I must return to my new year's eve celebration.

Which, if you really want to know, mostly consists of drinking diet root beer, sitting next to a snoring bulldog, and witnessing the complete butchery of a beloved Beatles song by the most awkward pairing of performing artists ever conceived.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I had already pinned 1, 3, and 9. I'm looking forward to trying out each of them!
    I totally agree with your assessment of the complete butchery of the beloved Beatles song. Talk about awkward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! I hope you enjoy trying them! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete